LinkedCards


PROJECT SUMMARY: Business cards are outdated, and require one to remember to carry them at all times, as well as manually file the ones received. We wanted to change that.

SOLUTION: Linked Cards is the solution - one can create a business card from scratch, as well as import existing one, and just share it with one simple swipe. It is also great for keeping information you received in order, with no need to manually file, or write notes about the people you've received business cards from, since Linked Cards will automatically do that for you.

METHOD: User interviews, surveys, comparative/competitive analysis, user flow, card sorting, sketches, design, studio, wire frames, prototype.

TEAM MEMBERS: Trae Jacobs, Annalise Cowan, Elina Rapoport.


RESEARCH


 

We didn't actually know if we wanted a separate app from linkedin, or to actually integrate the LinkedCards capabilities into the existing app. Through surveys and interviews we got to the conclusion that a separate app which is associated with linkedin is the best way to go. 

Through analyzing the surveys and interviews we were able to pinpoint the biggest issues and frustrations of users using business cards, which led to all the must haves into our new app. 

In addition we found our personas - targeted users which the app will be the most useful to.


PROCESS 


After figuring out what people needed, and wanted through research we card sorted the hierarchy of features, and what should lead where. We then took pen to paper, and started sketching.

All three of us had some similar approaches as well as few different points of view. the decision was to conduct a design studio, so that we could pick and choose the best ideas out of each design.

 

ITERATION 1 -  We had a base set, after conduction the design studio, and so work has begun on the first iteration. It was meant to be a rough wireframe, but had to be clear enough so that when we test users will actually be able to figure out what to do.

Some of the takeaways from testing this first iteration prototype were:

Text had to be clearer - some of the users were confused by the wording.

Scale had to be adjusted - some buttons were too small for a user to press, as well as some icons being unnecessarily too big.

User flow had to change - the swiping motion didn't get the gratification feelings we were hoping for since there were other actions required after swiping in order to share a card.


HI-FIDELITY